I’m currently a post-doctoral researcher (Research Associate) at DPMMS, University of Cambridge. I’m affiliated with the Centre for Mathematical Imaging in Healthcare (CMIH), the Cantab Capital Institute for the Mathematics of Information (CCIMI), the Statistical Lab and the Cambridge Image Analysis Group (CIA) led by Prof. C.-B. Schönlieb and Prof. J. Aston.
I received my MS degree in Intelligent Systems at the Department of Computer Engineering and Mathematics in the Rovira i Virgili University, Spain. As part of my PhD program, I was a visiting researcher at the École Normale Supérieure (ENS, Paris) in 2015 and at the George Washington University (GWU, USA) in 2016. I received my Ph.D. degree (in 2017) in Computer Vision and Robotics at the UPC – BarcelonaTech, Spain under the supervision of Prof. A. Casals.
My research lies at the intersection of computational mathematics and machine learning for applications to large-scale real world problems. My central research is to develop new data-driven algorithmic techniques that allow computers to gain high-level understanding from vast amounts of data, this, with the aim of aiding the decisions of users. These methods are based on mathematical modelling and machine learning methods.
Computational Mathematics Inverse problems Computer Vision Medical Image Analysis Robotics Machine Learning.
I’m an IEEE, SIAM, CVF, SMF, ISMRM and ACM member.
My Erdös Number is 4.
- August 2019 – Can one get higher quality, super-resolved and motion-free, MRI reconstructions by joining reconstruction, registration and super-resolution? check out our new preprint
- August 2019 – Congratulations to M. De Vriendt for successfully defending her Cambridge MPhil thesis under my supervision.
- July 2019 – We got our RainFlow paper accepted @ ICCV’19.
- July 2019 – I’ll be serving as an Area Chair @ IEEE WACV ’20
- June 2019 – Our “GraphX-NET” paper has been early accepted @MICCAI’19.
- June 2019 – Our “Mirror, Mirror, on the Wall, Who’s Got the Clearest Image of Them All?” paper has been accepted @IEEE Transactions on Image Processing.
- May 2019 – I’ve been invited @IPAM, UCLA for @Geometry and Learning from Data in 3D and Beyond program.
- May 2019 – We will organise a tutorial @ACPR19: Classic and Deep Vision for Healthcare Image Analysis [Webpage].
- April 2019 – We got our work accepted @IGARSS2019
- April 2019 – Giving an invited talk @GAMM. Raitenhaslach, Germany.
- April 2019 – Giving an invited seminar talk @ School of Clinical Medicine, Cambridge.
- Mar. 2019 – Our work on Graph-Based Learning for Hyperspectral Image Classification is out as preprint.
- Mar. 2019 – We got our work accepted @SSVM2019
- Feb. 2019 – Our ReTouchImg work has been accepted @Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics Journal.
- Feb. 2019 – Our Motion Correction Resolved for MRI via Multi-Tasking work has been accepted @ISMRM2019.
- Jan. 2018 – Our work on Learning with Minimal Supervision for Hyperspectral Image Classification is out as preprint. Extended version coming soon.
- Jan. 2018 – We re-started the Cambridge Imaging Clinic offering a free, walk-in consultation service for imaging related projects. More Info.
- Dec. 2018 – I’m visiting @NUS, Singapore this December.
- Dec. 2018 – Giving a talk @math-NUS
- Dec. 2018 – Stop by our talk -Level 2 Riverview, Room 5, @ACCV, Perth, Australia.
- Nov. 2018 – I’ll be giving an invited talk @Using images at scale to understand environments and behaviours.
- Nov. 2018 – Our work for improving undersampled MRI reconstruction is now out as pre-print.
- Oct. 2018 – Our tutorial website for the @ACCV18 is now online.
Read More News!
- Oct. 2018 – Presenting our Peekaboo where are the objects? work @ICIP18 stop by on Wed. 10th.
- Sept. 2018 – EPSRC Maths-Healthcare Meeting @University of Glasgow.
- Sept. 2018 – I’ll be giving an invited talk @Data Challenges in Cardiovascular Research.
- August 2018 – I’m happy to welcome our visitors/collaborators from SDU and NUS.
- July 2018 – Our Tutorial Proposal has been accepted @ACCV18.
- June 2018 – Presenting our work on Tue 19 @ISMRM18.
- June 2018 – Our “Mirror, Mirror, on the Wall, Who’s Got the Clearest Image of Them All?…” work is now out as a pre-print.
- June 2018 – Giving a talk on Wed 06 @SIAM-IS18
- May 2018 – Our “Peekaboo – Where are the Objects? …” paper has been accepted at ICIP2018.
- May 2018 – I’ll be giving an invited talk at “Representational Similarity Analysis and Advanced Computational Methods” @RSA2018.
- April 2018 – Upcoming Events
- April 2018 – I’ll be giving an invited talk at @EPSRC Centre for Mathematical Imaging in Healthcare Academic Engagement Conference.
- Feb. 2018 – Our CS+M work has been accepted at ISMRM2018.
- Jan. 2018 – Our sliding to predict work has been accepted for journal publication.
- Jan. 2018 – I’ll be a facilitator at the “Imaging Clinic” sessions during the Lent term.
- Dec. 2017 – Our applied perception work on visual feedback has been accepted for journal publication (ACM).
- Nov. 2017 – I’ll be giving an invited talk at the “Methods In Cognitive Neuroscience Day” at MRC Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit, Cambridge, UK.
- Oct. 2017 – I’ll be a facilitator at the “Cambridge Imaging Clinic” for Michaelmas 2017.
- Oct. 2017 – I’ll be giving an invited talk at “Developments in Healthcare Imaging – Connecting with Industry” event.
- Oct. 2017 – Visitor at INI
- September, 2017 – [@IROS2017 Vancouver, Canada] Our work in medical robotics will be presented in room 114, Monday 25th.
- September, 2017 – I’ll be giving an invited talk at the “Image Analysis and Processing in the Life Sciences” Workshop MiR@W Day.
- August, 2017 – I’ll be a leading facilitator at the workshop “What should I do with all this data?!” – CRUK
- July 2017 – Visiting Toshiba Medical
- July 2017 – Joined the CMIH, DPMMS, University of Cambridge as a post-doctoral .
- Jun, 2017 – Paper accepted to IROS 2017.
- Jun, 2017 – Our Escaping Specularity paper accepted at SIGGRAPH 2017.
- May, 2017 – Successfully defended my PhD Thesis (Cum Laude – highest praise in Spain).